The crowning work of JESUS CHRIST, in the earth, is seen in the manifestation of HIS redemption of that people which HE has loved with an everlasting love. To this end HE came into the world, as is testified by the Angel sent to Joseph to declare HIS NAME (which is above every name); and HIS purpose (which cannot be overturned); being born of a virgin mother. “Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS (i.e.; JEHOVAH is SALVATION); for he shall save his people from their sins.(this is HIS purpose) Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.” (Mat 1:20-23)
It is impossible that a man could have a right understanding of that which CHRIST came into the world to accomplish, without having a clear view of the “object” of HIS redeeming work. The mainstream religion which calls itself Christian in the present day, is void of a comprehension of the extent and accomplishment of that redemption. This is evidenced by the fact that in the main it declares a CHRIST who has sought to redeem all of mankind from sin, and yet has failed to accomplish the goal of that redemption due to the unbelief of some men. This is an “unknown christ” as far as the scriptures are concerned.
Unless the Angel who appeared to Joseph, was in error, then we must conclude that the “object” of HIS redemption is utterly and completely redeemed (i.e.; saved by purchase.) Only in the fertile imagination of those who seek to deny the obvious truth, can a purchase be made which does not secure the object for which the purchase price was paid. Isaiah declared of the SAVIOR, “He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.” (Isa 53:11)
That “object” of HIS redemptive work is the recipient of all which HE has undertaken to procure. As Isaiah says, He shall “justify” many. HIS redemptive work culminates in the “justification” of the “object” of HIS redemption. HE came to procure it and HE has procured it by HIS own blood on Calvary. Thus Paul declares that we are “justified” by HIS blood. (see Rom.5:9) HIS blood and nothing else is the basis upon which the justification of the sons of GOD rests, as pertaining to the accusation brought forth by a broken law, of which all are guilty.
This redemptive work which CHRIST entered into was primarily for a testimony to the glory of HIS grace wherein HE, who was beholden to none, nor under any constraint or rule, did manifest HIS purpose to adjudicate, “without blame”, the “object” of HIS love according to the same rule of law which HE did willingly (for HIS own purpose) subject it (i.e. the “object’) to. Thus Paul says, “To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.” (Rom 3:26)
While CHRIST JESUS, the Eternal SON of GOD, is the subject of our song and the manifested glory of the FATHER, worthy of all praise throughout the ages to come, it is the “object” of HIS redemptive work that is called; in the scriptures, “the joy of the whole earth”. We read about her in Psalm 48, “Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of his holiness. Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King.” (Psa 48:1-2)
This city is none other than the “church of GOD”, that Bride in whom HE takes HIS greatest delight. It is for her that HE came, for her that HE suffered, and in her that HE rejoices. (see Ps.19:5) She is the “apple of HIS eye.” That Bride in whom is no spot nor blemish, which HE favors above all others. She is said to be “the joy of the whole earth” because:
- She is filled with the “joy of the LORD”. In HIM alone is the basis of all of her rejoicing. “Therefore the redeemed of the LORD shall return, and come with singing unto Zion; and everlasting joy shall be upon their head: they shall obtain gladness and joy; and sorrow and mourning shall flee away.” (Isa 51:11)
- She is indwelt by HIM who is the GIVER of joy; being the ANTIDOTE of death. “And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle (i.e.; tent of dwelling) of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.” (Rev 21:3-4) HE is called EMMANUEL, which means “GOD with us”. It is manifestly true that HE is not “with” all men, for HE is set against the wicked and hates the workers of iniquity, HE shall have all in derision who oppose HIS rule. Yet HE is “with” that people whom HE has purchased with HIS own blood and they love to have it so.
- She is the very object of HIS delight, for whom HE created the world, giving her dominion over it. She is that one for whom HE ordains every good and perfect gift and does order all events to occur in the universe for her ultimate good. “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” (Rom 8:28)
- She is that one sojourner in the earth who shall bear witness to HIS glory, through the ages to come. “And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.” (Rev 5:9-10)
- She is that one whom the LORD has ordained to be that witness of HIS grace and mercy forever. “But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Eph 2:4-9)
- She is that one who has been given ears to hear the sweet refrain of the gospel of the glory of the blessed GOD. Indeed it is this message of “joy” which is vouchsafed into her hands and to which she clings as the very staff of LIFE, rejoicing in it daily. “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed.” (Rom 1:16-17)
“And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth. Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.” (Rev 19:6-9)mam